VOLUNTEER TO HOST AN INTERNATIONAL
STUDENT/SCHOLAR FOR THANKSGIVING
Thanksgiving Host Family Request
This year Princeton students/scholars from around
the world will be offered the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving with an
American host family in the local area through a program hosted by the Davis
International Center. Princeton international students/scholars will be matched
with volunteering families who will share their Thanksgiving celebration. Both international
students/scholars have the chance to learn more about each others’ cultures and
foster new friendships. Students/Scholars will be matched with hosts on a first-come-first-serve
basis. While it is possible that there may not be enough hosts or students for
all interested parties, every effort will be made to satisfy requests.
If you have room at your Thanksgiving table for an
international student/scholar, please send the following information to Hanna
Hand, email@example.com, no later than
Wednesday, November 9
address, phone, e-mail
number of students/scholars you are able to host
Thanksgiving Host Family Request
Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 8:17 PM to
Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 8:17 PM
This year Princeton students/scholars from around the world
will be offered the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving
with an American host family in the local area through a program hosted by
the Davis International Center.
Princeton international students/scholars will be matched
with volunteering families who will share their Thanksgiving celebration.
Both international students/scholars have the chance learn more about each
others’ cultures and foster new friendships.
Students/Scholars will be matched with hosts on a first-come-first-serve basis.
While it is possible that there may not be enough hosts or students for all
interested parties, every effort will be made to satisfy requests.
If you have room at your Thanksgiving table
for an international students/scholar, please send the following
information to Hanna Hand, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Your name, address, phone, e-mail
• The number of students/scholars you are able to host?
Location: Princeton area
Organized by: Davis International Center
Posted by Princeton AAA over 4 years ago.
Veterans Day at Princeton U, Nov 11
Princeton University will be holding the annual Veterans
Day Observance in the Princeton University Chapel on Friday, November
11 at 8:30 am. A breakfast reception will immediately follow the
service in Chancellor Green.
More information about the program can be found at community.princeton.edu
Veterans Day Observance (
Friday, November 11, 2016 - 8:30 AM to
Location: Princeton U Chapel
Posted by Princeton AAA over 4 years ago.
Princeton in Africa Gala in NYC
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016
A private club in Manhattan, New York City, NY
6:00 PM Cocktail Reception & Silent Auction
7:00 PM Dinner, Program, Live Auction & Entertainment
For the presentation of
The Princeton in Africa Founders Medal to
DWIGHT & JULIE ANDERSON
Ospraie Management LLC
In recognition of their commitment to Princeton in Africa and to the advancement
of the African continent, through their ongoing investments in African-based
markets and their transformative support of Princeton in Africa’s mission and work.
The Princeton in Africa Medal to
Nobel Peace Laureate & Founder of The Gbowee Peace Foundation
For her commitment to peace and justice, dedication to
empowering the youth of Liberia and other parts of West Africa, and ongoing
advocacy on behalf of women and girls around the world.
For more information, please email email@example.com
or call (609) 258-7215. www.princetoninafrica.org
Princeton in Africa Gala (
Monday, October 24, 2016 - 6:00 PM to
Location: Private Club in NYC
Posted by Princeton AAA almost 5 years ago.
Alumni Corps, PA3, cider, and donuts!
Save the Date!
New Jersey 2016-2017 Kickoff Celebration
Dear Alumni, Grad Students, Parents and Friends -
Save the date for a fun-filled afternoon in the Princeton countryside!
- Network with Princeton area Project 55 alumni and AlumniCorps supporters
- Meet the new Project 55 Fellows for next year, and share your advice for a successful fellowship experience
- Hear from Liz Duffy ‘88, AlumniCorps Board Chair, and Tannwen Mount '98, former PP55 Fellow and Manager, Terhune Orchards
- Find out how you can volunteer or get involved with Princeton AlumniCorps in New Jersey
- Bring friends, partners, spouses, and children (but no pets)
We welcome the whole AlumniCorps family:
- incoming, current, and former Project 55 fellows and interns
- parents of PP55 fellows
- Emerging Leaders
- ARC Innovators
- Our founders, the Class of '55
- Princeton alumni and AlumniCorps friends
WHAT: Cider and doughnuts and an enjoyable afternoon on the farm
WHEN: Saturday, May 14, 2016
TIME: 11 am - 1 pm
WHERE: Terhune Orchards, 330 Cold Soil Road, Princeton, NJ 08540
RSVP here for planning purposes
For any questions, click here
About Princeton AlumniCorps:
Princeton AlumniCorps engages alumni at every age. Our year-long Princeton Project 55 Fellowships are for graduating Princeton seniors and other recent graduates. Emerging Leaders is a professional development program for nonprofit managers a little bit further along in their careers; the program is open to alumni of other institutions. ARC Innovators is for seasoned alumni with skills to offer; Innovators have ranged in age from 22 to 82; anyone in the wider Princeton network is welcome. Our volunteers are Princeton alumni of all ages, who serve as mentors, advisors, area committee members, Board members, seminar speakers, and more.
About the New Jersey Area Committee:
We support the Project 55 fellows who are placed in New Jersey, with area alumni mentors and networking/training opportunities. We also support the ARC Innovators program in New Jersey. We help identify nonprofit partner organizations to work with our Fellows, Innovators, and Emerging Leaders.
Marsha Rosenthal ’76 and Tom Magnus ’77 K55 chair the New Jersey Committee, which also includes Rick Ober ’65, Julia Otis ’91, and Kef Kasdin ’85.
Thank you so much for your interest and enthusiasm. Please join us. Many hands make light work, and we hope to have fun together.
Co-sponsored by the Princeton Area Alumni Association. All are welcome!
Alumni Corps & PA3 at Terhune Orchards (
Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:00 AM to
Location: 330 Cold Soil Rd., Princeton
Posted by Princeton AAA about 5 years ago.
A4P Community Service Event - March 26
Community House Big Sibs
- Come join us for a community service event! We will be helping the Community House Big Sibs program on Saturday, March 26th from 11-2pm. This group works with elementary school students. The program is trying to introduce them to service as well, and our group will be helping them complete a service project. Specifically we may be putting together hygiene packs for families in need. The age range of the children are 2nd-5th grade. This event is limited to twenty volunteers due to space/event constraints.
- Community House's student-driven education programs "work with families to close the achievement gap in Princeton by offering support in the areas of academic success and social-emotional literacy for underrepresented area youth. The Big Sibs program is a "student-led mentorship project connecting University students with elementary school students in Princeton Public Schools. Mentors build long-term relationships with individual students and help foster academic and social and emotional growth."
- Please contact Joyce Chen Shueh at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 902-5999 by March 18 if you can join us
A4P Community Service (
Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:00 AM to
Posted by Princeton AAA over 5 years ago.